Keystone makes upgrading fluorescent lights to LED easy with our UL Type B DirectDrive tubes. These innovative LED tubes eliminate the need for an external driver or ballast. By using a ballast bypass design, there is one less possible point of failure, making the fixture more reliable. Ballast bypass LED tubes will also save time finding a compatible ballast.
Upgrading fluorescent lights to LED will save time and money in maintenance costs. When a fluorescent light is frequently turned on and off the lifespan is reduced, whereas LED tubes are not affected nearly as much. Upgrading fluorescent lights to LED will also improve the quality and energy efficiency of a lighting system. UL Type B LED tubes prevent energy being wasted as it passes through a ballast.
This LED tube is also DLC V5.1 listed meaning it is highly energy efficient and may qualify for utility rebates in certain areas. Check out our Rebate Assistant tool to find if this product qualifies for you!
Direct Drive LED tube benefits
- Improves reliability and efficiency of fixture with ballast bypass design
- Saves time, no need to find a compatible ballast
- Reduces maintenance costs compared to fluorescent equivalents
- Approximately 40% more energy efficient than Standard F32T8 fluorescent lamps
- Extends lifespan and conserves energy compared to fluorescent equivalents
- Replacement for F32T8 (32W) fluorescent lamp
- Case of 25
- Type B - Ballast Bypass LED Linear Tube
- Integral Keystone driver
- Instant startup
- Operating temperature: -20°C/-4°F to 45°C/113°F
- Environmentally friendly: no mercury used like in conventional fluorescent lamps
- Shatterproof Coated Glass with frosted lens eliminates pixelation
- Integral driver (isolated), eliminates the need for an external driver or ballast
- Suitable for single ended wiring
- Use only non-shunted lampholders
- 110+ lumens per watt
- UL Classified, ETL Listed, RoHS Compliant, DLC listed
- Available in 3000K, 3500K, 4000K, 5000K, and 6500K Color Temperatures
Product Dimensions: 23.19" L x 1.1" D
Can you put led tube lights in a fluorescent fixture? Can I replace my fluorescent T8 linear bulbs with LEDs?
Yes! LED Tubes can be installed into a fluorescent fixture. When tubes are Type A + B. Type A or Type B, it is easy to replace those flickering fluorescents. A brief explanation of Type A and B LED linear tubes is below.
Type A LED Linear Tubes are often called "plug and play" tubes. This is because they can simply be installed into the existing fixture.
Type B LED Linear Tubes are often referred to as "ballast bypass." They work with all fluorescent fixtures including ballast-free fixtures. Type B linear tubes power goes directly to the lamp sockets and no longer through the ballast.
Type A + B can be used with or without a ballast. It is ultimately the buyer's preference what they want to do. Type A installation uses the LED Tube + Ballast power for more energy consumption compared to Type B installation only uses the raw tube power and is more energy-efficient.
What does ballast bypass mean? How does ballast bypass work?
Ballast bypass means when installing the LED linear tube, the fixture's ballast will need to be removed first. The power will then go directly to the lamp sockets and no longer through the ballast. The benefits of ballast bypass LED replacement tubes include lights not being shut down by a ballast failure, no more ballast replacements, and savings on the energy bill because energy is no longer drawing from the ballast.
Emergency Drivers: Constant-power emergency drivers with 90-minute run time are available to add on to your LED high bays to increase fire safety and comply with local fire safety codes. Check out our selection of LED emergency drivers.
Want to learn more about getting our products at wholesale discounts? Buy LightUp LED Products in Bulk by completing the form on our wholesale page.
Check out all that LightUp has to offer on weekly specials, new products, categories and more on our home page!