Illuminate Smarter, Not Hotter – Upgrade to LED Bulbs, Wave Goodbye to Halogen Lamp Hassles!
This 7W LED MR16 bulb is the LED replacement for a 50W incandescent or halogen bulb. It boasts brightness at 500 lumens, being energy efficient, and has a long lifespan. It is a great accent light for use in recessed lighting and track lighting. Its 12V input voltage also makes it a great choice for landscape lighting or display lighting within compatible lighting systems.
This light bulb features a GU5.3 base and is rated to last 25,000 hours. Additionally, it is Energy Star Certified and UL listed. It is also damp rated and dimmable. There are various color temperatures available to fit your lighting needs.
- Input Power: 7W
- Lumen Output: 500 Lumens
- Beam Angle: 40°
- CRI: 80
- Input Voltage: 12V
- Base: GU5.3
- Color Temperatures Available:
- 2700K Warm White
- 3000K Soft White
- 4000K Bright White
- 5000K Cool White
Bulb Dimensions: 1.97" Diameter x 1.96" Height
This bulb is rated for use in 12V systems only. Do not use in 120V applications!
What does it mean that this 7W MR16 LED light bulb is a 50W replacement/equivalent?
50W replacement or equivalent means that this LED bulb is designed to produce a similar amount of brightness (lumens) as a traditional 50W halogen or incandescent bulb. The light output is where the designation comes from versus the actual power consumption. While the lighting produced will be the similar amount of lumens to its "equivalent," the power consumption will be much less.
What is the difference between MR16 LED and MR16 halogen? Can I replace a 12V MR16 halogen with LED?
MR16 refers to a specific type of reflector lamp, and it comes in both halogen and LED versions. Here are the key differences between MR16 LED and MR16 halogen bulbs:
MR16 Halogen Bulbs:
- Use a tungsten filament similar to traditional incandescent bulbs. They produce light by heating a filament. When the filament becomes white-hot, it emits visible light.
- Are less energy efficient than LED bulbs. Also generates more heat and uses more electricity for the same amount of light output.
- Have a shorter lifespan compared to MR16 LEDs. Halogen bulbs tend to burn out more quickly leading to more maintenance and replacement costs.
- Produce a warmer color temperature.
- Are usually compatible with traditional halogen dimmer switches.
MR16 LED Bulbs:
- Uses light-emitting diodes (LEDs) to generate light.
- More energy efficient and generate less heat.
- LED bulbs have long lifespans that last significantly longer than halogen bulbs, potentially reducing the frequency of replacements.
- Available in a range of color temperatures making them more versatile in meeting various lighting needs and preferences.
- Most are dimmable. Always be sure to check for compatibility with the existing dimmer installed.
Typically, yes, you can replace a 12V MR16 halogen bulb with an MR16 LED bulb. There are a few things to consider including:
- Double check that the LED bulb is designed for use with a 12V system.
- Check the compatibility with any existing transformers or drivers within your lighting setup.
- Verify that the LED bulb is compatible with any existing dimmer switches if applicable.
The specifications and instructions should always be followed, and any questions should be directed to a licensed electrician.
Shop Euri Lighting on LightUp for a selection of lighting to fit your needs for various applications.
Need more bulbs for your other projects? Shop our selection of LED Bulbs today.
Check out all that LightUp has to offer on weekly specials, new products, categories and more on our home page!
- Brand: Euri Lighting
- Watts: 7
- Incandescent Equivalent: 50 Watt
- 500 Lumens
- 71 lm/W
- Base: GU5.3
- Dimmable: Yes
- Beam Angle: 40°
- Available in 2700K, 3000K, 4000K, and 5000K
- 25,000 life hours / 3 Year Warranty