Use to replace direct wire 18 inch fluorescent T8 tubes, the T8 LED 18 inch tube is ideal for use in homes, hotels, beauty salons, cafes, offices, academic buildings, libraries, garages, and warehouses. Available in colors 3000K (Soft White), 4000K (Bright White), 5000K (Cool White), and 6000K (Pure White), the T8 LED tube features a frosted lenses to reduce glare and turns on instantly with no flickering or delay. This is a direct wire tube, so the ballast must be removed from the existing fluorescent housing.
- Instant Savings - Reduce your energy usage and save on your electricity bill.
- Long Lasting - Keystone's T8 LED tubes have an outstanding life rating of 50,000 hours.
- High Efficiency LED - It's lumen output of 700 offers unparalleled lighting and clear visibility.
- Case of 25
- Type B - Ballast Bypass LED Linear Tube
- Environmentally friendly: no mercury used like in conventional fluorescent lamps
- Instant startup
- Shatterproof Coated Glass with frosted glass lens eliminates pixelation
- Operating temperature: -20°C/-4°F to 45°C/113°F
- Integral driver (isolated), eliminates the need for an external driver or ballast
- Single Ended Power
- 110+ lumens per watt
- Complies with UL safety regulations for tubes with double ended wiring
- UL Classified
- Use only non-shunted lampholders when installing
- Available in 3000K, 4000K, 5000K, and 6500K Color Temperatures
Product Dimensions: 17.12" L x 1.1" D
Can you put led tube lights in a fluorescent fixture? Can I replace my fluorescent T8 linear bulbs with LEDs?
Yes! LED Tubes can be installed into a fluorescent fixture. When tubes are Type A + B. Type A or Type B, it is easy to replace those flickering fluorescents. A brief explanation of Type A and B LED linear tubes is below.
Type A LED Linear Tubes are often called "plug and play" tubes. This is because they can simply be installed into the existing fixture.
Type B LED Linear Tubes are often referred to as "ballast bypass." They work with all fluorescent fixtures including ballast-free fixtures. Type B linear tubes power goes directly to the lamp sockets and no longer through the ballast.
Type A + B can be used with or without a ballast. It is ultimately the buyer's preference what they want to do. Type A installation uses the LED Tube + Ballast power for more energy consumption compared to Type B installation only uses the raw tube power and is more energy-efficient.
What does ballast bypass mean? How does ballast bypass work?
Ballast bypass means when installing the LED linear tube, the fixture's ballast will need to be removed first. The power will then go directly to the lamp sockets and no longer through the ballast. The benefits of ballast bypass LED replacement tubes include lights not being shut down by a ballast failure, no more ballast replacements, and savings on the energy bill because energy is no longer drawing from the ballast.
Emergency Drivers: Constant-power emergency drivers with 90-minute run time are available to add on to your LED high bays to increase fire safety and comply with local fire safety codes. Check out our selection of LED emergency drivers.
Want to learn more about getting our products at wholesale discounts? Buy LightUp LED Products in Bulk by completing the form on our wholesale page.
Check out all that LightUp has to offer on weekly specials, new products, categories and more on our home page!