Keystone's DirectDrive DX2 is a UL Type B line voltage tube offering single or double ended wiring options, allowing you to hold less inventory. In addition, DX2 utilizes both shunted and non-shunted lamp holders, making it an easy LED replacement for T8 fluorescent tubes.
These T8 LED tubes can provide up to 50% more energy savings than standard F32T8 lamps. Since LED tubes have a longer useful lifespan than their fluorescent counterparts, DX2 will also reduce maintenance costs.
Benefits of DX2
- Reduces inventory via single or double ended versatility
- Can be installed using single or double ended wiring
- Simplifies installation by utilizing either shunted (double-ended only) or non shunted lamp holders
- Saves up to 50% more energy than standard F32T8 lamps
- Direct replacement for F32T8 (32W) fluorescent lamp
- Reduces maintenance costs with longer useful lifespan
- Type B - Ballast Bypass LED Linear Tube
- Environmentally friendly: no mercury used
- Instant startup
- Frosted lens eliminates pixelation
- Operating temperature: -20°C/-4°F to 45°C/113°F
- Integral driver (isolated), eliminates the need for an external driver or ballast
- 110+ lumens per watt
- Improved lamp durability with shatterproof coated glass (optional)
- Complies with UL safety regulations for tubes with double ended wiring
- ETL sanitation listed NSF/ANSI standard 2 - food equipment
- Available in 3500K, 4000K, and 5000K Color Temperatures
Product Dimensions: 31.8" L x 1.1" D
Can you put led tube lights in a fluorescent fixture? Can I replace my fluorescent T8 linear bulbs with LEDs?
Yes! LED Tubes can be installed into a fluorescent fixture. When tubes are Type A + B. Type A or Type B, it is easy to replace those flickering fluorescents. A brief explanation of Type A and B LED linear tubes is below.
Type A LED Linear Tubes are often called "plug and play" tubes. This is because they can simply be installed into the existing fixture.
Type B LED Linear Tubes are often referred to as "ballast bypass." They work with all fluorescent fixtures including ballast-free fixtures. Type B linear tubes power goes directly to the lamp sockets and no longer through the ballast.
Type A + B can be used with or without a ballast. It is ultimately the buyer's preference what they want to do. Type A installation uses the LED Tube + Ballast power for more energy consumption compared to Type B installation only uses the raw tube power and is more energy-efficient.
What does ballast bypass mean? How does ballast bypass work?
Ballast bypass means when installing the LED linear tube, the fixture's ballast will need to be removed first. The power will then go directly to the lamp sockets and no longer through the ballast. The benefits of ballast bypass LED replacement tubes include lights not being shut down by a ballast failure, no more ballast replacements, and savings on the energy bill because energy is no longer drawing from the ballast.
Emergency Drivers: Constant-power emergency drivers with 90-minute run time are available to add on to your LED high bays to increase fire safety and comply with local fire safety codes. Check out our selection of LED emergency drivers.
Want to learn more about getting our products at wholesale discounts? Buy LightUp LED Products in Bulk by completing the form on our wholesale page.
Check out all that LightUp has to offer on weekly specials, new products, categories and more on our home page!